According to the Interactive Autism Network (IAN), www.ianproject.org, the nation’s largest online autism research project, approximately half of parents of children with autism report that their child elopes, with nearly 50% saying that their child went missing long enough to cause significant concern about safety. Parents with an autistic child should look into tracking and monitoring technologies and GPS devices, however due to Tactile Sensitivity or hypersensitivity, common with autistic children, which is an unusual or increased sensitivity to touch that makes the person feel peculiar, noxious, or even in pain, it is highly recommended to look into “wearable GPS technology” that is embedded into an article of clothing or footwear. #connectedandprotected
- Roughly half, or 48%, of children with an ASD attempt to elope from a safe environment, a rate nearly four times higher than their unaffected siblings
- In 2009, 2010, and 2011, accidental drowning accounted for 91% total U.S. deaths reported in children with an ASD ages 14 and younger subsequent to wandering/elopement.
- More than one third of ASD children who wander/elope are never or rarely able to communicate their name, address, or phone number
- Two in three parents of elopers reported their missing children had a “close call” with a traffic injury
- 32% of parents reported a “close call” with a possible drowning
- Wandering was ranked among the most stressful ASD behaviors by 58% of parents of elopers
- 62% of families of children who elope were prevented from attending/enjoying activities outside the home due to fear of wandering
- 40% of parents had suffered sleep disruption due to fear of elopement
- Children with ASD are eight times more likely to elope between the ages of 7 and 10 than their typically-developing siblings
Source: Interactive Autism Network Research Report: Elopement and Wandering (2011)
GTX Corp (GTXO) is a pioneer in Smart, Mobile and Wearable GPS tracking and recovery location based solutions, supported through a proprietary IoT enterprise monitoring platform. GTX offers a complete end-to-end solution of hardware, software and connectivity. The Company develops 2 way GPS tracking technologies which seamlessly integrate with consumer products and enterprise applications. GTX Corp utilizes the latest in miniaturized, low power consumption GPS, Cellular and BLE technology and offers a proprietary platform that enables subscribers to track in real time the whereabouts of people or high valued assets through a complete end to end – customizable transceiver module, wireless connectivity gateway, smart phone Apps, middleware, and IoT portal. Headquartered in Los Angeles, California, with distributors in 14 countries and customers in over 35 countries, GTX is known for its award-winning patented GPS SmartSole® – Think Dr. Scholl’s meets LoJack, the world’s first invisible wearable technology device created for those at risk of wandering due to Alzheimer’s, dementia, autism and traumatic brain injury. Currently there are 100 million people worldwide who are part of this at risk wandering group and that number is expected to reach 277 million by 2050. The Company doesn’t just make and sell the best GPS tracking products, they deliver innovative, miniaturized, low power consumption wearable tech that provides safety, security and peace of mind at the touch of a button. We put the “Where” in Wearable Tech.
Social Media – #withyou #smartsole #connectedandprotected
General Information, Investor Relations, Wholesale Licensing, Consumer Purchase:
In the UK, GTX Corp operates from its London office. For more information, please contact: Nelson Skip Riddle:
Tel: +44 7785 364100